A unique opportunity has arisen for a Director of Sales to join our Sales and Marketing department at the Royal Garden Hotel.
Our Sales and Marketing team successfully position the Royal Garden Hotel internationally within the London 5 Star market – one of the most competitive luxury hotel markets in the world. They seek out potential guests for the hotel by spreading our vision as the most friendly and intuitive hotel, offering outstanding distinctive flexible service. Our Sales and Marketing team have a keen interest in building sustained customer relationships with a view to developing business.
The Ideal Candidate would have:
- Strong sales experience within the MICE and group market in the hotel sector.
- Previous experience managing a team and developing a Sales and Marketing plan, ideally for an independent hotel.
- Organisational skills and able to work to deadlines.
- Identify challenges and driven to find solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- A proactive and positive attitude
- In conjunction with the Deputy General Manager Commercial develop the sales strategy to achieve the financial targets for the entire hotel.
- Communicate the strategy and provide direction to the sales team
- Identify and advise on market conditions and develop initiatives to ensure the Royal Garden Hotel is meeting client’s expectations
- Assist Sales team in account planning.
- Perform weekend senior manager on duty shifts as required.
- Carry out reviews and appraisals,
- Recruit and train members of the sales team
- Set measurable targets and objectives for sales managers and measure for bonus payments.
- With the marketing manager, develop a calendar of promotions to be promoted through all channels.
- Along with revenue manager and team prepare the annual room revenue budget.
- Provide monthly analysis into market segments and S&M expenditure.
- At the time of preparing the S&M report and on a quarterly basis review and assess sales activities. Plan and offer suggestions for improvement where needed
- Maintain contact and ownership of several key accounts and perform sales activities overseas and in the UK.
- Oversee and offer direction regarding the hotel’s involvement in Assocations
- Host and assist with educationals, FAM trips, site inspections and entertainment where necessary
- Monitor and ensure that the team keep CRM up-to-date with all details and changes
- To be the main contact for third party suppliers such as representation companies Meet with account managers and agree upon targets to measure performance and productivity.
What We Offer
- Competitive annual salary
- Friendly and creative working environment with great development opportunities
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Discounted food and beverage rates to dine in our restaurants
- Discounted room rates for friends and family
- Free meals provided on duty
If you are interested in this position and are entitled to work in the UK, please send us a copy of your CV and cover-letter. If you require any special assistance with your application or have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Human Resources team.
Please note: We endeavour to respond to the majority of applications, however, if you do not receive a response within three weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Click here to apply