A unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced Conference and Events Sales Executive to join our Sales and Marketing department at the Royal Garden Hotel.
Our Sales and Marketing team successfully position the Royal Garden Hotel internationally in the London 5 Star market – one of the most competitive luxury hotel markets in the world. They seek out potential guests for the hotel by spreading our vision as the most flexible and creative hotel offering outstanding value for money. Our Sales and Marketing team have a keen interest in building sustained customer relationships with a view to develop business.
In the role you will:
- Builds relationships with MICE agents, DMCs and corporate clients to maximise number of enquiries received in order to grow the C & E/Group business in line with budget requirements
- Account manage designated conference accounts and DMCs to ensure that the hotel receives maximum business.
- Sets and implements an annual strategy for each preferred account in conjunction with Director of Sales and Director of Conference and Events
- Monitors the production from managed accounts with the help of the Conference and Events Team (reactive) and morning reports ensuring that the hotel gets the best possible level of business.
- Hosts educationals, familiarisation trips, site inspections and entertainment where necessary and assist colleagues with their requirements. Include members of the C & E team on relevant fam. trips.
- Meets with Conference and Events team to discuss follow up received from an in-house event and discuss future actions related to that account
- Meets with in house conference organisers to establish a rapport and explore future business opportunities
- Produces a monthly report of key activities undertaken, enquiries received and conversion
- Produces a detailed sales activity report after each appointment to include meeting notes and action to be taken. This report should be saved within 5 days from return of every appointment on Delphi.
- Maintains the Delphi database and system to ensure all details and enquiries are updated.
- Attends and organise tradeshows and networking events as required. To actively promote the HBAA code of contact within the hotel.
- Ensures welcome cards are placed in guest’s rooms when bookings are received from known companies direct or via agents. To ensure there is effective communication throughout the department and hotel.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Effective communication skills
- Proven ability to dealing with enquiries and converting them into show-rounds
- Prior experience managing accounts is preferable
- The ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Confidence to conduct cold calls to generate business interests
- A comprehensive understanding of the basic principles of selling
- Previous experience of working as a coordinator in a venue or hotel
If you are interested in this position and are entitled to work in the UK, please send us a copy of your CV and cover-letter outlining what you think makes a successful sales person.
Please note: We endeavour to respond to the majority of applications, however, if you do not receive a response within three weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
click here to apply